Date of Establishment of the Directorate: 2010
Brief history of the Directorate
The Directorate was established in 2010 as the warehouse of all academic processes and data for staff and students in the College. It also serves as an anchor source for Accreditation exercises and Resource inspections from external monitoring organizations. It has also been tasked with the preparation of annual staff and students’ statistics in a bid to maintain balanced data for the College. The office provides a range of information and planning support to facilitate informed decision-making, planning and policy formulation and the entire strategic planning and development of the College.
VISION OF THE DIRECTORATE
The Directorate of Academic Planning envisions an improved and transformed academic learning environment that will maintain high standards for all the academic programmes in the College.
MISSION OF THE DIRECTORATE
To ensure that the content, facilities and resources (human and physical) of all Academic Programmes are in conformity with the established standards for the development of Teacher Education in Nigeria.
CORE MANDATE OF THE DIRECTORATE
- Driving the implementation of all academic policies and regulations of the College Management and Academic Board and ensuring that all regulations and policies are executed
- Collaborating with Deans and Heads of Departments in planning, developing, administrating and evaluating Academic calendar programs in the College
Institutional email of the Directorate: [email protected]
NAMES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF DIRECTORS FROM INCEPTION TO DATE
|1||DR ANTHONY O. EKWE||Ph.D. (Measurement & Evaluation)||2010-2014
|2||DR MRS ANGELA IZUAGBA||Ph.D. (Curriculum) 2000; M.Ed. (Curriculum) 1991; PGDE 1988; B.A (English) 1982.||2014-2015
|3||DR ANTHONY O. EKWE||Ph.D. (Measurement & Evaluation)||2015-2016
|4||DR MRS ANTHONIA EJIFUGHA||Ph.D. (Health Edu)1995; MSc (Health Edu) 1988; B.Ed. (Adult Edu) 1984||2016-2018
|5||DR MBO AJILEYE||Ph.D. (Linguistics) 2018; M.A (Linguistics) 2006; B.A 1988||2018-2021
|6||DR MRS CHINWE P. POLY-MBAH||Ph.D. Horticulture 2010; PGDE, 2008; MSc Crop Science 1995; BSc Botany 1990.||2021-Date
|S/N||Name Of Staff||Date Employed||Rank/Designation||Qualifications Dates And Specialization||Institutional Email
|1||DR MRS C.P. POLY-MBAH||11/03/1994||CHIEF LECTURER (DIRECTOR )||Ph.D. Horticulture 2010; MSc Crop Science 1995; BSc Botany 1990; PDE 2008||[email protected]
|2||DR OBINNA J. NWOKO||10/2/2013||LECTURER I (DEPUTY DIRECTOR)||Ph.D ED Philosophy. M.A (ED Philo.), B.A (ED/French)||[email protected]
|3||OBIOHA, ADAOBI M.||04/01/2010||SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR||M.SC (in view) B.SC Sociology 2006||[email protected]
|4||CHIMA, CHIGOZIE||06/03/2012||SENIOR ASSISTANT REGISTRAR||B.A. French 2008||[email protected]
|5||OSAWARU BENJAMIN MERIT||05/11/2018||ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I||B.SC Business Administration and Management||[email protected]
|6||YUSUF MOHAMMED SALISU||05/11/2018||SENIOR HIGHER EXECUTIVE OFFICER||HND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||[email protected]
|7||OHALE JUDITH NGOZI||06/03/2012||PRINCIPAL PROGRAMME ANALYST||B.Sc Statistics 2005||[email protected]
|8||UKACHUKWU ULOMA ADAKU||14/03/2012||ASSISTANT CHIEF CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY||HND Secretarial Administration 2008||[email protected]
|9||ONYENEHO AKUDO VERONICA||10/12/2007||CHIEF SECRETARIAL ASSISTANT||B.ED Business Education 2017|
|10||OSONDU IFEANYI ETHELBERT||04/01/2010||CHIEF CLERICAL OFFICER||NECO 2008||[email protected]
|11||MAXWELL LOVINA||05/12/2011||CHIEF CLERICAL OFFICER||WAEC 2010||[email protected]
|12||IHEBOM PRECIOUS IJEOMA||17/12/2018||CLERICAL OFFICER||WACE 2014|
Unique activities carried out in the Directorate in the past one year.
- Establishing and maintaining good work relationships with external monitoring organizations
- Monitoring of Continuous Assessment administration in the College
- Anchoring Accreditations exercises in the College by NUC
- Anchoring Resource inspections in the College by NUC
- Preparation of annual staff statistics for strategic planning.
- Preparation of the Annual Report document for the College.
- Assessment of Course Allocation prepared by Heads of Departments in ensuring that course allocations reflect team teaching principles and courses are allocated in line with lecturers’ areas of specialization.
- Collating the matricula for proper documentation and archiving
- Helping to fast-track the update of the College website being executed by Ténécé
- Facilitating the creation of institutional email addresses of Staff in collaboration with the Directorate of ICT.