THE DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC COLLABORATION & LINKAGES
Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri – Nigeria
TELEPHONE- (Day-time, Wkdays) +234 8141832750 AND +234 9081953148
EMAIL- firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
The Directorate of Academic Collaboration & Linkages looks to establishing a network with educational institutions worldwide in order to share information in the area of educational research as well as provide windows for the development of faculty, students and resources in line with the Strategic Plan of the College.
To develop and drive strategies that will engender institutional cooperation in research, capacity building, and facility advancement so as to bring teaching and learning at par with model educational institutions.
Executive Brief and Activities:
The Directorate was pronounced in May, 2014 but actually began operations in September 2014. The amply-staffed and equipped offices are presently located in the PHE Block at the Shell Camp zone of the College.
The Directorate is in touch with tertiary academic institutions to execute its mandate. Already the College is benefitting from these efforts-
- Some faculty members have visited the US and Canada for short-term capacity building workshops;
- Lecturers of the College are already cooperating with their counterparts in the US for co-authorship of critical books.
- Institutional friendship is developing.
- Bridges of collaboration are being built between UNESCO (Nigeria) and the College. In fact, the College since 2014 celebrates the United Nations Day every October. The event is marked with parade, raising the UN and AIFCE flags, singing the UN and Nigerian Anthems, Speeches, Performances and Literary contests.
- In 2015, the College joined in marking the World Youth Day and the World Radio Day on the advice of UNESCO Unit in the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Education. Students in the College actively participated in the planning and execution of the programmes
- The student body is being organized to join the Pan African Youth Network, a UNESCO initiative, and participate in its programmes as a way of developing the young minds in the ennobling directions and leadership.
DACOLL is ready to collaborate with interested educational institutions in the following areas, and more:
Short Capacity-Building Programmes & Workshops
- IT training for online teaching
- Grant writing
- Special (Needs) Education training
- Adult education
- Performing, Plastic, & Verbal Arts/culture
- Educational and cultural exchanges
- Joint research and publications
- Faculty/student exchanges
TELEPHONE: (Day-time, Wkdays)