In the College, Public Relations has become a strategic management function. It is headed by a Deputy Registrar, a member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), who functions as the College Public Relations Officer (PRO). The Public Relations Unit is staffed by professionals. Public Relations is acknowledged as a major tool in achieving statutory goals and objectives of the College and maintaining industrial harmony and good community relations. The following are some functions performed by the Public Relations Unit among many others:
- Publishing the College’s activities and maintaining cordial relations with the media (information and communication.)
- Publishing corporate publications like the Newsletter and Bulletin, College websites/Word press, blog, etc.
- Researching on College’s image, publics’ motivations, issues and trends, etc.
- Strategy and policy formulation
- Corporate social responsibility and community relations by supporting the activities of the volunteer corps, engaging with the host communities and other communities like the Alumni, etc.
- Advising and counseling management, staff and students on issues and policies that have consequences on the image and reputation of the College.
- Employee relations
- Corporate identity management
- Organizing special events such as courtesy visits, Matriculation and Convocation ceremonies, Visitation Panels, UN Day celebrations, Corporate Social Engagements, etc.
- Documentation, internal communication and new media
Public Relations Unit Staff Roll
Name of Staff Designation
- Ololoh, Anthony Onyema – Deputy Registrar
- Ijioma, Nnaemeka Enyinnaya – Chief Information Officer
- Ohuoba, Isaac Uchechinyere – Senior Assistant Registrar
- Amomoh, Maria Aigbadonor – Principal Executive Officer
- Uwakwe, Esther Ijeoma – Senior Executive Officer
- Umeojiako, Eyiuche Rachael – Chief Attendant
- Dickson Chisom – Chief Data Processing Assistant
- Nwosu Kingsley – Chief Attendant